Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 8 slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups crispy tortilla strips
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven set over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, poblano and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, squash, tomatoes and chipotle; bring to boil. Stir in turkey. Reduce temperature to medium-low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in lime juice.
- Divide among 8 soup bowls. Garnish with avocados, tortilla strips, Parmesan and cilantro. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Broil or grill poblano pepper until charred all over before using if desired.
- •For homemade tortilla strips: Preheat oven to 425°F. Stack 4 flour tortillas (7-inch diameter); slice in half. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wide strips. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil; season with 1/4 tsp salt. Spread in single layer on large baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until crispy and lightly golden. Let cool completely.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g|